Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Shibori Shambles

It's probably a good thing I don't have a digital camera right now. No one wants to see what came out of my washing machine last night. I was making a scarf using this pattern and it was time to felt it. It should be noted that I was not using Blue Moon's Kidmo, but a 100% mohair (lost the ball band, so can't tell you who made it).
Into the zipper bag I use for felting, into the machine, and then The Wait.

During the process, the zipper bag came open. When I checked on the progress, the bottom of my washing machine was a heap of wooden beads, rubber bands and green fuzz.

I now have a 20" long, extremely thick and fuzzy bookmark. It has weird little 'tails' all over it where the beads once resided.

Haven't had the heart to see if the washing machine still works.

No comments: