Friday, August 20, 2010

Summer...and then?



The summer feels as though it's winding down. There have been hints of cool and leaves have begun to turn yellow. The flowers are going to seed and school is beginning. It's been a good summer and a difficult one all at once. It's the first summer without Mom. That feels odd and hurts in a funny place I can't quite describe. If you are there already, you know the space.

I've been knitting a bit, although there aren't many photos to share. The next generation is beginning to provide wee ones who need knitted things, so those are easy to knit in the summer heat. I'm finally getting back to the socks I started in Manila. I had severe Second Sock Syndrome while I was there, and as a result, had a number of singletons waiting for their partners for an extended period of time.

I just finished birthday socks for my son. Sophie's Toes Sock Yarn (100% Merino Superwash) in Handsome Park Ranger colorway. 1 skein (100g/350 yds). I think I have about 5 yards left of the skein. The pattern is Stephanie Pearl McPhee's Plain Vanilla Sock recipe from her book

No comments: